Wednesday, April 4, 2007

EQUUS!



EQUUS....the most amazing play I think I've ever seen. Kelly was lucky enough to snag us some excellent tickets, and for 9.50 (GBP) with a restricted view (only requiring us to lean over to get a really great view of the stage), we saw an absolutely fabulous show! Daniel Radcliffe was so fantastic...I don't know that I was expecting a lot from him because of the reviews I'd heard, but he blew me away! Richard Griffiths (a.k.a. Uncle Vernon) was also very amazing. It was really great to see the dynamic between the two Harry Potter characters on stage in a new setting. Peter Shaffer, the author of the play, should be given a medal, an award, a nobel peace prize...something!!! The story was absolutely fantastic and just so disturbing.

For those of you who don't know, the play is about a psychiatrist who is trying to figure out why a 17 year old boy went on a rampage and blinded six horses. The boy's father is really mean to him and anti-religious, while his mother is very nurturing and reads him the bible every night. Through a series of events, the boy ends of associating horses with God. He has a very devoted and almost sexual relationship with horses. He becomes so obsessed with horses and one night snaps, blinding his so-called "master." The whole thing was so chilling and I'm probably not doing it any justice describing it right now. It was just the most amazing story line I've ever heard.

AND YES.....
Daniel Radcliffe did show all....very bravely I might add. I realize that this thought is illegal in the states, but fortunately for me, I'm in Europe where it still is legal......Daniel Radcliffe is VERY GOOD LOOKING!....all of him! But, aside from his naked performance, he made an excellent crossover from film to stage.

I would recommend that everyone see or read this play. It will blow your mind!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG! Control yourself woman!! :) Just kidding. Sounds VERY interesting and I am SURE you loved EVERY ounce of the naked seen. HAHA! Nice to know he's good looking--everywhere.

You crack me up! Thanks for the post.

Kisses!

Unknown said...

Hmmmmm....

Unknown said...

I love how a comment from her mom and dad are...well...missing. They are probably a little baffled by this one. LOL!

Oh Bee Boo....

Anonymous said...

Hmmm indeed! I am so glad you went to see this and that you enjoyed it so much! Your posts are wonderful, little dude, so keep 'em coming.

Anonymous said...

i miss this day.

(it's me, kelly)