Wednesday, August 1, 2007

here it goes again

Well, seeing as how there are still some people (and by some I mean two) who are reading this, I thought I would fearlessly continue my entries (and by fearlessly I mean whenever I can actually remember). Many big things have happened in my life in a very small period of time. When I was younger, I never imagined I would make it to college. I always figured that somehow I would "become" really smart and make it through. College always seemed like a big scary blob in my life that I would one day conquer. When I finally made it to college, I never imagined I would have an actual job, make actual money, and have an actual car (and by actual car I mean not my parent's car or my bf's car). All of these goals seemed so far out of reach, and I figured I would be some super genius by the end of college and everything would just kind of fall into place....somehow.

I have two days down at my new job, a new apartment, and a new car. And while I don't feel like some insanely genius mastermind after college, somehow I managed to do it. I don't know how I did it, but I did it. I feel like I almost have to pinch myself to believe that what I am doing is real. I don't know that I will ever fully grasp my new situation. It is truly surreal. I feel like I have had to completely grow up and turn myself around overnight. I feel like a new person. It is somewhat frightening.

3 comments:

Alex said...

It's crazy how all of a sudden, it seems, things happen that you never thought you'd get to. In a couple weeks, I'm moving in with my boyfriend. Hopefully for good. "Someday" must be coming for a lot of these things. Congratulations on your new job, new car. Hope all is going well :-)

wind-up-bird said...

Dude! What you are doing is real because you made it so. You worked long and hard to get there, and you deserve all the benefits that come your way (healthcare and otherwise!). Seriously: gainful employment? At a place you like? Doing work you find interesting? I'm in AWE. You are awesome!!!! Love you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bethany,

Congrats on graduating from college, getting a job and all of the fun stuff that goes with it! Time really starts to fly now! Before you know it your 10 year reunion will be here!

Your cousin,

Margaret